mr shopper

Sunday 5 May 2013

BIRTHDAY SURPRISE FOR WIFE~~ HAHAHA

Was really busy with work recently and almost forgotten about my wife birthday. Heng ah never forget so still got time to prepare. Remember birthday date is not the toughest task... planning the gift is... haha... What she still need? Anything that she want which is within my means without overspending? These are the considerations while doing gift selection every time which gives all of us a headache.. Thanks God for my ever thinking, always full of witty ideas, crazy, cao keng and creative brain.. I've decided to give her a very special and meaningful day that she will always remember..

03/05/13 Friday


She asked if I've any plan tomorrow.. so I just pretend there is nothing.. oh let bring Le Xuan "Our baby" to Jurong Bird Park loh.. She agreed and suggested to go in the morning cause afternoon HOT but I declined. When she asked why not? I just bullshit to her that I check weather forecast afternoon weather good.. Well she didn't asked what about morning so I didn't say anything lo..

04/05/13 Sat (Her Actual Birthday)


Woke up really early to PISS her off by going SKIM in the morning of her birthday!! Cause I wanted to set the mood to all time low first then SURPRISE to swing the mood from negative to positive.. Well it didn't turn out well because she is too understanding and knew that I really love skimming so she is not as piss off as what I expected it... First part fail and it really suck to skim alone so I headed back home earlier by 10.30am. We catch a little movie 寒战 online.. WTF 郭富城 is damn hansum la.. k don't side track.. I need to waste some time in the morning because I've planned to reach JBP by 2.30pm.. So we went for lunch at Bedok Point Paradise Inn. Their food is quite good and I really want to compliment their services. The staff there are warm and friendly. Important point to note here is the staff are not some foreign talent but local. Will definitely return again.. Well done BP Paradise Inn!!

 

Prawn and Scallop fried rice. I personally think it's one of the best among the rest such as Crystal Jade and Tian Tai Fong..


咖啡排骨. Not bad. Very generous with their serving.. Quite a number of pieces given so I can say value for money la.. Have tasted better 咖啡排骨 in some Zi Char store before..


I forget what is the name of this dish already.. Rojak vege or something..


Very delicious sauce but the meat is so-so only... Not those kind that will melt in your mouth.. 

Anyway like I say, even though some of their food might not be up to expectation. But if their service level exceed expectation; especially for cafe and restaurant. Customer will definitely come back. Overall we had a great meal.. left happily and went back home to fetch Le Xuan to JBP..

 

LET's GO!!


Her trademark "I don't like to take photo" face.. haha same like her daddy..


Well it still depend on her mood la.. haha.. like a superstar!


Finally reach JBP~


DADA!! Surprise!! She was totally shock and overwhelmed to see her parent suddenly appeared in front of her at the entrance as she have no idea at all that they are joining us. Haha.. I've specially arranged with her dad a few days back to give her a surprise for her birthday and thankfully he agreed.. haha.. SUCCESS!! hehe


Haha.. Bird also can sing Birthday song.. power..

 

The last time I'm here is during my primary school excursion.. hahahha damn long la

 
 

Like a racer


Having a good times with the in-law


 

Tea Break time..


Dear with her lovely Mummy..


Dear with her beloved Daddy



Who's not smiling? Normal la haha.. at least she's looking..


 

 We left the park around 5.45pm.. Her dad suggested we had our dinner over at Jurong which is nearby BUT I insisted to eat at yishun instead because I've another surprise for her.. Unaware of the second setup, everyone was puzzled why I wanted to travel so far back to yishun.. I don't care being an ASS and insisted my way.. I WANT YISHUN! I WANT YISHUN!! hahaha..

 

We reached yishun around 6.45pm and had our dinner at our all time favorite zi char store.. Actually I'm still freaking full from the heavy lunch but I had to waste some time before the next surprise so I just eat lo.. Had their famous black pepper crab and a few side dishes.. Damn good!! Ok the next setup is at her house.. I've tied up with her brother to prepare the birthday cake and surprise her once we reach her house.. haha but well I'm not god la so not everything will go according to plan.. haha.. Here are a few bloopers after the dinner..

 

1) Herself and her parent insisted we just go home "Burnfoot" straight la.. don't need to go up to their place since my family is waiting for us at home... Hahaha HOW CAN?!

2) There is suppose to be no one at her place and her brother is SUPPOSE to be busy outside and can't celebrate her birthday for her... but her mum saw his car downstair and kept repeating.. "He's Home leh... " hahha

3) The house is suppose to be in total darkness that's why I wanted to buy time to 7.30-8pm... but after her father open the door he turn on the light immediately... haha.. you can imagine the awkward moment.. still surprise her la but not as expected.. 

  
 

Live footage of the blooper and "Surprise" back at home.. hahhahah

 

The organic birthday cake - courtesy of Joe Aw

 

 
 

Overall it was still a great success after a long day and my dear had a wonderful time with her family. To me, the best gift in the world cannot be bought by dollar and cents. It is that simple... so simple that sometime we might overlooked or took for granted.. I know this is going to sound cheesy but to me the best gift on earth is "Spending quality time with family or loved one". Therefore, what is more meaningful than arranging a day well spent with her family members for her on her birthday.. If her Dad, someone that have spent more than 26 years with her, is able to hand over the hand of his one and only precious daughter to ME on our wedding day... What is ME returning her back to them for a day?! To me, this is nothing and what all of us should never forget... If you loved someone, you should loved her family too.. especially her parent.. for they are the one through hardship created the person that you fall in love today..

 

Special thanks for the AW family. Daddy, Mummy and Brother Joe Aw and his gf Shi Lin for helping out with the surprises..

 


 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Dear again for the surprise and taking time to write this blog entry. I can read and read and be reminded of the happy memories many years down.. I am very happy n appreciate all your efforts put in!!

    ReplyDelete